Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What exactly is "white-girl wasted"?



After my incredibly serious rant regarding SSU's electronic wait-list system and high school kids stealing classroom seats from current students, I've decided to go with some lighter material for this next post. After debating what the subject of this lighter post should be, I decided to do some (insert sarcasm here) deep, intellectual and investigative reporting to discover the answer to one of college's biggest questions - what exactly is "white-girl wasted"?  


Over the past few semesters, I've heard this phrase used many times to describe the various intoxicated states of friends, both male and female.  While I am also guilty of using this phrase to describe people, I've never really been sure about it's actual definition.  I decided to head to Urban Dictionary in order to develop a base from which to start my investigation.  While there are a few different accepted versions of the definition, this was the most thorough:
"To get completely drunk, wasted, or sloshed to the point where you can no longer control yourself physically or mentally.  Term originally given to younger white girls, mainly college freshman, after they consume way too much alcohol.  This commonly results in overall in-coherency, and brief "skankyness" before a quick emotional breakdown.  Which are all followed up by the process of destroying the party through multiple drunken slurs and complete trashiness and finally passing out in an upstairs bedroom because they are too drunk to make it home."
 Or if you're more of a visual learner:




With my new definition firmly implanted in my mind, I decided continue my investigation by searching YouTube for "white girl wasted" people in action.




Chelsea here is a perfect example of white girl wasted in it's natural state.  It's almost organic, the way one can so easily slip from being simply drunk, into an almost unconscious state of inebriation.  I have witnessed these various levels of drunkenness in friends both male and female, throughout my long and arduous college career.  I'm not afraid to admit that I to have experienced this level of intoxication, although it's been a few years since I've allowed myself to reach the point that Chelsea has attained.



At the end of the day, everyone needs to go out and blow off some steam.  Drinking alcohol just happens to be the vehicle of choice for college students to blow off said steam.  Go out and drink, be merry and full of joy!  Have beverage or two and remember you only live once; just make sure that you have a friend around to help you out when you reach white-girl-wasted, or  to make sure someone's there to record stuff like this:


2 comments:

  1. Very informative. I have been wondering exactly what white girl wasted was. Great visual aids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well-written with good photos/video. Sounds like alcohol poisoning to me.

    ReplyDelete